About the Firm
At the Law Offices of Samantha J. Fitzgerald we limit our focus to clients who are facing Florida probate, trust and estate planning, and elder law issues. We know one-size-fits-all solutions cannot address our clients’ estate planning and probate needs, so we will customize a plan for your personal situation to accomplish your specific goals.
Since 1999, Attorney Fitzgerald has been helping clients protect their families with proactive estate planning, and also guiding them through probate & trust administration. Her team prides itself on combining the personalized service and attention of a boutique firm, with the talent and legal resources of a large firm.
Samantha believes it is important to help those in need, in and out of the office. She performs pro-bono legal work through Legal Aid and Put Something Back. She is also active in many charities and community organizations, including:
- mentoring youth with Take Stock in Children
- holding an Executive Board position with Florida Lawyer’s Network
- acting as an Audit Committee member for Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital
- serving on the Board of Directors for Plantation Junior Woman’s Club
- previously acting as President of the PTA at Peters Elementary, and
- volunteering in several positions within her church.
Samantha was born and raised on Long Island, New York, and moved to Florida over 20 years ago. She currently lives in Plantation, Florida with her husband and two children.
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Tax Court
- Certified Public Accountant
- University of Miami School of Law, LL.M., Taxation
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center, J.D. magna cum laude
- Palm Beach Atlantic College, B.S. cum laude
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Florida Trend Legal Elite, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Florida Supers Lawyers, 2010, 2011 and 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- AVVO 10.0 rating (highest possible)
Professional & Civic Involvement
- The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Elder Law Section
- Co-Chair, Wills, Trusts, & Estates section of the Broward County Bar Association
- National Association of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Academy of Florida Elder Law Attorneys (AFELA)
- Broward County Bar Association
- Florida Lawyer’s Network
- Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Foundation/Memorial Foundation – Audit Committee, 2011-2013
- Leadership Fort Lauderdale, Class XV, 2009
- Plantation Junior Woman’s Club, Board of Directors – 2007-2012
- Peters Elementary PTA Board, 2012-2017, President 2013 – 2015
- Take Stock in Children Mentor, 2011-2015